Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Duty to God!

Happy late America Day! Sister Waldron and I celebrated by wearing red, white and blue, eating a hamburger, and singing some patriotic songs. It was a grand day!

This week we met our new mission presidents, the Claytons! They are so tender! I love them!

"God bless us that our testimonies can be stronger, our desires richer, our worthiness greater." -President Clayton

And Sister Clayton touched a lot on seeing the end from the beginning. I love this! It is so important for us to focus on the present, but we must always have the end in mind. Seeing the plan and knowing what we are working towards helps us to fulfill our callings and achieve our potential.

We also had ZONE TRAINING this week! 
*BIG NEWS*
The First Presidency has announced that missionaries will now be teaching lesson 5 BEFORE baptism!
Something else I really liked that I learned from zone training is that as children of the covenant, we have the privilege and responsibility to help our brothers and sisters recognize the blessings that 
1) they are receiving 
and that
2) we are promising them
all as a result of obedience and acting in faith. 

I love this quote from Keith B. McMullin in a general conference years ago. He said:

"Duty does not require perfection, but it does require diligence. It is not simply what is legal,  it is what is virtuous. It is not reserved to the mighty or the high in station but instead rests on a foundation of personal responsibility, integrity, and courage. Doing one's duty is a manifestation of ones' faith." 

When we do our duty to God, we become something greater than we are now.

As for [some of] our INVESTIGATORS...

Brian is soooo prepared! As we taught him the Plan of Salvation, he goes "....I feel like I have heard this before. Like, this is familiar to me." The church is true!

We met a girl named Madi on the bus last month and she came to church yesterday! She loved it so much! She fit right in! 
We met Chris at the park Saturday night and talked for like half an hour and he ended up coming to church as well! He loved it! 

We also met with Will again. We love meeting with him because every time we teach him something new, he goes "wooooowwwwww". He is always so fascinated haha!

I'm just going to be super missionary for a second-- 
I want to invite everyone to study Preach My Gospel!
Preach My Gospel is scripture and was designed beyond the veil. I know that it isn't just for us missionaries, but for all of us as members! I would love to hear what you all are learning from your studies! Tell me all the things!! :)

This is Sister Waldron's last week. Freaking out? yes. (Me-- I'm freaking out, not her; pretty sure it should be the other way around). Words can't describe how much I love this sister! 

Study Preach my Gospel, reach out to someone, smile, and pray!

Love, Sister Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment