Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

Holy Is He, Blessed Am I


So last night we got the most unexpected phone call...
SISTER BALDERSON AND I ARE BEING SEPARATED AND TRANSFERRED!
I'm going to Toronto! And YSA again! How fun, I just love those young single adults.
It's a bittersweet thing for me because we won't be here for our two baptisms next week, but I'm are excited for new opportunities and experiences.

This week I really reflected a lot on the Savior and His Atonement. I find that I get easily frustrated when people don't know what they are missing out on (aka the gospel) or when they know what they should be doing (aka making good/better choices) and they don't. I think I sometimes find it easier to love people when they are easy to love, but something that has taken me a while to finally learn is that true, Christ-like love is exhibited especially when you love, without restraint, to ALL-- even those who are hard to love.

This Easter was special. The hymn I Know That My Redeemer Lives went through my mind many times this week. It truly conveys how purely and perfectly our Savior loves us and it is such an example to me of how I can be better at loving people and seeing them for what they can become.

I know that my Redeemer lives.
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, he lives, who once was dead.
He lives, my ever-living Head.
He lives to bless me with his love.
He lives to plead for me above.
He lives my hungry soul to feed.
He lives to bless in time of need.

He lives to grant me rich supply.
He lives to guide me with his eye.
He lives to comfort me when faint.
He lives to hear my soul's complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears.
He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubled heart.

He lives all blessings to impart.
He lives, my kind, wise heav'nly Friend.
He lives and loves me to the end.
He lives, and while he lives, I'll sing.
He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King.
He lives and grants me daily breath.
He lives, and I shall conquer death.
He lives my mansion to prepare.
He lives to bring me safely there.

He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
"I know that my Redeemer lives!"
He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
"I know that my Redeemer lives!"

I do know that my Redeemer lives. He is so perfect in every single way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment